domingo, 25 de marzo de 2007

Reaction to the phrase by Juan Ramón Jiménez

“If they give you ruled paper, write the other way” Juan Ramón Jiménez

This phrase is at the beginning of the book, and really caught my attention.
What I first interpreted is that doing this, you are rejecting some help. Ruled paper was invented to facilitate something: to make easier the tidy-writing. So, if you are “rebel” and you write the other way, I feel as if you were not accepting that facility that someone gives you.
That is what I thought when first reading that phrase. But when all my partners started giving their opinion, I thought it in another way. All the reactions were based on a same idea because the sentence is very clear, but there were some variations.
Maybe it is saying that you must rebel, whatever you get, or someone gives you; you must do the other way. It can be because you just want to do the other way just to contradict the whole world, or maybe you have a reason. That reason can be that maybe you need to write the other way of the ruled paper because you want to do something that maybe the lines will bother you. Or maybe you might want to challenge yourself, to try new experiences, to act in a way no one does. Maybe you are from the ones who believe that you have to walk the unwalked, to create a new path, to go where no one has been.
Whichever your reason might be, this phrase is telling us to do as anyone does, to try something new. We will all do that with different purposes, but we must try it.
I don’t know what the book will be about, although I’ve read some pages. We’ll see that later, but I’m sure that we will find someone that goes against the stream, does as anyone does. And I’m sure that person might be Clarisse.


Vale

No hay comentarios.: