miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2007

"I don't wanna miss a thing"

I don’t wanna miss a thing”, from Aerosmith is a song that marked me. For me, it’s not just a song dedicated to a guy… it’s more than that. I see more than that on the lyrics. It is really a great song to dedicate to the person you love. But it’s a song that, for me, means the not missing anything in life. You have to enjoy every single moment of it, and don’t miss anything.

(In blue and italics the lyrics. In black and normal style my words)





I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
We must find the good part of even the boring activities of life. We have to learn how to enjoy or take all we can from things that for one might be interesting while for others not.
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you’re far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever

Every moment I spend with you is a moment I treasure
There are things in life that we really treasure and want to stay in them forever. But we can’t, so we have to learn how to enjoy them while we have them.

I don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep

'Coz I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
We don’t have to waste a single minute. Life is short and we have plenty to enjoy. We have plenty to watch, so we should close our eyes and sleep less. We have many great things in life that we have to learn how to enjoy them all.
'Coz even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do

I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Even dreaming with what we really like is a waste of time. We have to do it. To stop dreaming of it and go ahead and do it.

Laying close to you

Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
When we find what we like doing, what we want to stay in forever, we have to thank for that. We all should find what we really have been born to. What we really like and are good at. Because that’s what life is for. To find our true vocation and enjoy our life with it.
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

And when we find that thing that we really love, we don’t want to leave it more.

I don't want to miss one smile

I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you right here with you just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment for all the rest of times
Baby, baby


So, we shouldn’t miss one smile, one kiss. We have to enjoy every single moment. Take advantage of every situation. Learn to enjoy even what we don’t like and learn to find our vocation, what we have really been made for.

I feel I’m living a great time in my life. The best I’ve ever lived. And I know that this is a very important stage in everybody’s life, but not everybody enjoys it as I am doing. I really don’t want to end up this phase, I don’t want to grow up in this sense. But I know I have to, so I just try to enjoy it as much as I can. And when the moment of letting this secondary girl go, I know I will suffer, as I am already sad about thinking of it. I don’t want to leave this place that watched me grow up, watched me smile, cry, brought so many great people to my life… I don’t want to leave all these people, I don’t want to leave that green place that made me so happy although it gave me so much work. But with all I got from it, I am who I am and what I am.

I can say this song is the one that expresses exactly what I felt the last 2 years of my life (about school). This is what I think about every time I listen to this great song. And this is what I will think every time I listen to it after ending up this best period of my life.

No hay comentarios.: